THE LAVENDER EFFECT® and Out & About Tours share a passion for LGBTQ Heritage and Culture! Our culturally rich, vital, and often hidden history is at the heart of LA’s LGBTQ and Allied past, as well as an integral part of a global movement.
We will show you LA like nobody has ever dared. From West Hollywood to Downtown and all points in between, our lively crew will not only show you a good time, but blow the dust off over a century of closeted stars, underground bars and gay rights battle scars. Gay or straight, young or old, paper or plastic. There’s no other tour to book in Hollywood!
Or call (323) 804-4161 to book a group and/or VIP tour.
And what’s gayer than TINSEL?!? You’ll start your tour with a champagne welcome at The Hollywood Museum – the official museum of Hollywood – featuring the most extensive collection of Hollywood memorabilia in the world – all housed in the historic Max Factor building. From there we’ll hit the streets to dig up the dirt on decades of closeted stars, underground pansy bars and gay rights battle scars. From the initial footfalls of the LA’s 1st Gay PRIDE parade to the secret tunnels that lie under the Walk of Fame that the locals don’t even know about – Out & About Tours will show you Hollywood like no one has ever dared!
During this 2.5 hour guided walking tour, you will:
- Start with a champagne welcome at The Hollywood Museum.
- Learn about the birth and battles of the LGBT community in Hollywood.
- See the unforgettable sights and hear the juicy gossip and startling stories that have woven the fabric of LGBT history!
There’s no other tour like this in Hollywood!
Nobody walks in LA? Sooooooo not true! Join Out & About Tours for our first of three walking tours in the City of Angels. Downtown LA houses the most rich and vibrant LGBT history our city has to offer. From the gay friendly Native Americans who first settled the land centuries before Columbus arrived to LA’s first gay porn theatre that opened in the 1800’s to the grand hotels and bath houses that sated the secret desires of the Hollywood elite – this tour is unlike any other in Los Angeles. Enjoy a brisk two-and-a-half hour walk while you discover that LA has always been the most fierce city in the fight for equality! Snacks and water included.
During this 2.5 – hour guided walking tour, you will see:
- LA’s first porn theatre that opened in the 1800’s.
- Grand gay-friendly hotels, parks and a bath house that still operates today!
- Hidden architecture, memorials and cruising hotspots.
- Activism landmarks that predate Stonewall.
- All new gay-friendly and gay owned operated businesses, backrooms and brunch spots!
Join Out & About for it’s newest tour later this summer. Most international travelers know it as Boystown now, but we’ll dig up and dish so much more. WeHo is 1.9 square miles of incredible gay history. Find out where Judy Garland used to hang with her “lavender lads”, pass the home of the first pair of assless chaps, see the bar where the phrase “lipstick lesbian” was first uttered, hear how the town got the zip code 900″69″ and much, much more. Before WeHo became an independent city, this area was out of jurisdiction of the LAPD, so some wild times went on starting at the turn of the century and history shows that the party still continues!
Welcome aboard LA’s 1st & Only VIP Gay Tour!
Out & About Tour will show you LaLaLand like nobody has ever dared. From West Hollywood to Downtown and all points in between – our lively crew will not only show you a good time, but blow the dust off over a century of closeted stars, underground bars, and gay rights battle scars. Pop the cork, hop on board, and hang on!
On this 3-hour guided tour in the City of Angels, you will get to:
- Hear the juicy gossip of the Hollywood history that stood in the shadows for years
- Uncover the most rich and vibrant LGBT history that has finally brought us to where we are today
- See that LA is years ahead of New York City in terms of equality
- Open your eyes to a whole new perspective of Los Angeles!
- Learn about some of Hollywood’s closeted stars and also some of hidden, underground hangouts of the LGBT community.
Depending on the size of the tour, you will either be traveling in an SUV, Luxury Minivan or Bus. Regardless of the vehicle size – you’ll be treated like a VIP!
There’s no other tour like this in LA!